2024 – Water Safety lessons

This week our class got excited for their Water Safety lessons held at Glen Innes Pools. Rm 9 had just over 70% of our class attend the swimminglessons. The rest of the 30% of the class had medical reasons for their non-participation.

We covered aspects of basic awareness of how to minimize risks in different water situation, getting in & out multiple ways, getting under the water and picking up objects. Our class favourite was on day 4, using lifejackets for floating and signalling for help.

Learning these skills, will help them to be smart in the water as well as be better swimmers! Well done Rm 9. A huge thank you to Miss Va’afusuaga, our sponsors, swimming tutors and Glen Innes Pools for making this happen!

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *